Hey everyone! My name is Kiara, but everyone calls me Key. You can find me @keyni.equestrian on Instagram! I am excited to share a bit more about myself. To start off I have been riding since I was 12. I have done everything from exercising racehorses, driving, western pleasure… you get it. You name it, I have probably done it! Now I compete with my Oldenburg mare, Maddie, or Red White & Balou, in the hunters and show jumping. We are currently recovering from a riding injury from just over a year ago and will be making our show debut later this month in September!
To share a little more about Maddie, here are a few of her favorites and quirks! Maddie is a 10-year-old mare who is sweet and a very clear communicator on what she likes and doesn’t like. Maddie LOVES to eat but she is extremely picky! She’s partial to The German Horse Muffins, apples and carrots. She will NOT eat watermelon, but if you hold it in your hand, she will suck the juice out of the slice! She enjoys a good bath time and pampering. She’s also very sensitive to environmental allergies so she stays wrapped up like bubble wrap throughout the warmer months.
Both Maddie and I definitely know our way around a good spa day, so I wanted to share some of my favorite products with you too.
As someone with extremely extremely sensitive skin that also tends to be dry and breaks out in rashes easily, I wanted to share a few products that have worked for me after lots of trial and error.
- BB Cream: Sunscreen is probably one of the most important things that a person can have in their makeup and skincare routine, especially as an equestrian. This is why I love incorporating URGO Beauty’s BB Cream because it is so easy to apply. With SPF and ingredients that promote healthy, hydrated skin, this is a quick, everyday step that someone can take to give their skin the TLC it deserves.
- Cleanser: When it comes to cleansers I use nothing else but Glow Recipe’s Blueberry cleanser. The product is extremely gentle on the skin, smells great and does not completely strip the skin of its natural oils. It provides a gentle scrub and washes away all the dirt and grime your skin accumulates throughout the day.
- Blush: I love a good blush! If there is one step that can take in your daily routine to make you look wide awake and refreshed it’s a light blush. My favorite blush combo is to pair URGO Beauty’s Pandemic Pink Tint with Rare Beauty’s liquid blush. The combo makes my skin look fresh and bright all day (yes literally ALL DAY).
- Lip Balm: I love a good moisturizing lip product. Laneige’s Lip Glowy Balm has been a fast fav of mine. While it’s a nice, moisturizing gloss, it's lightweight enough for the summer and another long lasting product. I rarely have to reapply, even when I am out and about for the day. If you want to add a little pop of color, I use URGO Beauty’s Pandemic Pink Tint as a light topper to add a little glitter pinky moment!
- Bronze Glow: Lastly, for a little bronzey pop of highlight I love to pop URGO’s Hampton Tint on my cheekbones for an awesome, bronzey golden look perfect for the summer!
I can’t wait to hear which product you are most excited to try from my list!
Until next time, stay cool and hydrated,
Key & Mads