Let's be honest, we're all trying to achieve the most natural makeup look. Yes, we wear makeup, but we try to make it look like we aren't. It's kind of a funny concept honestly, but I totally get it.
I have always struggled with being insecure about my skin. When you are acne-prone like me, it seems like your skin likes to break out at the most inconvenient times. It definitely takes a hit on my confidence, which is why I strive to help people feel comfortable and confident in their makeup application. I certainly don't think you always need to wear makeup, and I don't think you need makeup to feel beautiful, but I completely understand the boost of confidence some makeup can give.
However, I have never really been an all out, over the top glam girl, especially for every day. I want my makeup to be quick and easy to apply, look natural and feel good on my skin. So, along the way I've found some tips and tricks to help ensure your application is flawless and natural and I can't wait to share them with you.
1. Hydration is key. First, let me start by saying this is what I struggle with the most. I am an avid coffee drinker, and very rarely grab for another drink (until wine time). I mean I need my fuel to have enough energy to ride, right? But, it's important to remember that skin hydration is two fold- from within and on the outside. Remember, even if you dread drinking lots of water every day like me, it helps your skin tremendously. So, do it for your skin. Also, no matter what kind of skin you have (dry, normal, oily, combo), moisturizer is key. The type of moisturizer you use will vary based on skin type, but this is a step you should never skip.
2. When you can, use your hands. One trick that I think people don't utilize enough is applying makeup with your hands. Clean hands! The warmth of your skin works product in like no brush can ever mimic. I find using your hands for anything under your eyes is key, I like to use my fingers to apply blush and I always put on my BB Cream with my hands. Trust me on this one, you won't regret it. The finish you get is just unmatched.
3. Use setting spray throughout the process. I have never been a fan of primer. I have never found one that works well for me and I feel that it is an extra layer of product that I don't need. Lately, I have been turning to my setting spray as the perfect addition to my routine. When I want a long-lasting look, I use setting spray first on my skin and last. I think it makes your makeup application look even better and stay put even longer.
4. Blend and blend again. You honestly can't work product into your skin too much. The more you work foundation into your skin, the more effortless it will look. Same with eyeshadow. The more you blend colors together, the more you will get a seamless look. I love using pigmented products like our Tints, because you can put just a dab on your cheeks and keep blending until your heart's content.
5. A big, fluffy brush is my BFF. Once I've applied foundation, I use a big, fluffy brush to lightly go over my skin. It helps to work the product in even more and give you that effortless silky smooth skin look.
So, barn babe, put these tips to the test and let me know what you think! I hope your quick makeup routine becomes even easier and you beam with confidence knowing that you look stunning.